Early Delinquency and Foreclosure Intervention
If you are a New York homeowner that is behind in your mortgage payments, or concerned that you will become late; The Bronx NHS can help! Our foreclosure intervention counselors will assess your situation and provide recommendations for your next steps. The Bronx NHS will serve as your advocate to help obtain the best solution available to you.
Our counselors will:
- Analyze your situation and educate you about the foreclosure process in New York.
- Teach you how to negotiate with your lender.
- Help you develop a budget and spending plan that works.
- Help you manage your debt.
- Help you access refinance and modification opportunities.
- Help you to prepare a loan modification application will all required documents and submit it to the lender on your behalf.
- We will follow up with your lender and get updates on the loan modification application on your behalf.
Step 1: To get started, complete the intake form below and fax the completed and signed intake form to us.
Step 2: To prepare for your meeting with your counselor, please download and print the document checklist and be sure to bring all of the requested documents. Please provide us with copies of your original forms and keep the originals for your records.
Neighborhood Housing Services of New York City is a HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency, a Program Partner of the Center for New York City Neighborhoods and a participating agency in the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program. For more foreclosure intervention resources click here to visit the HUD website.